Pentasia LTD Malta
We are looking for a Database Administrator to join the Database Department of one of our International clients.
You will be responsible on all activities relating to the administration and support of the company’s MSSQL Server databases in the production, development and QA environments.
The ideal candidate will be reporting to the Database and BI Manager , to ensure the 24/7 smooth running of all company’s production databases, maintenance of BI environment and generation of Ad Hoc reports.
Moreover you will be working in close relation with the Software Development team to ensure the quality of database objects that are released into the production environment.
The candidate must have a minimum of 3 years experience as a DBA or equivalent in working on RDBMSs.
1. B. Sc in Computer Science OR discipline/s related to Information Systems;
2. Possession of Microsoft certifications in SQL Server would be considered an advantage.
1. Responsible and organised;
2. Have excellent oral and written communication skills;
3. Able to work in a team and be flexible in approach;
4. Innovative, staying abreast of emerging database technologies and design approaches;
5. Ready to work on an on-call roster for the provision of 24/7 support.
Essential Technical Skills:
1. Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server;
2. Good working knowledge of SQL and T-SQL;
3. Disaster recovery , TLS and Clustering experience.
Desirable Technical Skills:
1. Knowledge of MySQL;
2. Experience on Database Development.
Salary: 30k-35k Euro
If you are interested please send to Dr. Angelo Chirulli your resume in word format, a cover letter, salary, notice period and availability with Ref. DB Administrator.